If you would like to invite parents and carers to use mySchoolApp, we now have a simple process to help you get them on board. To find out more about the different user types available on mySchoolApp click here.
A note on GDPR
We advise that in-line with GDPR guidelines, you should check your internal policies and agreements with your parents to ensure you are authorised to share their contact details with the mySchoolApp platform. Please note, as the school uploads the parents details to our system, our staff do not touch the data, apart from having a view on a support basis. If you have the parents' permission to share their details with third parties that provide the school with services (School MIS, Lunch catering company, etc.) then mySchoolApp will fall under that category.
To use this feature follow these steps:
- On the admin portal go to Account Settings > School Settings
- Under the User types section check Invited and click SAVE
This is an important step as users will not be able to register without Invited being checked
The 2 radio buttons to the right of Invited give you the option of a Manual or Automatic invitation process.Manual enables you to decide when you want to send the invitation ie: if launching the App to parents in a few weeks time, you will still be able to upload all their details in preparation and then delay sending until you are ready. Users will not receive invitations until you click the INVITE ALL button on the View users page. This then will activate the invitations.
With Auto selected (recommended), users will be automatically invited as soon as you upload their details to the system.
- Now click Import in the left hand navigation panel
- Select Import Users from the drop down
- Download the CSV file template we provide. What's a csv file?
- Now export parent/carer data from your school MIS. The fields you need are the parents': Forename, Surname, Email and Phone
- Once you have this, it is important that your data order matches the template example exactly. Save your file in .csv format
- Back on the portal, click Choose file and navigate to your saved csv file
- Click CHECK RECORDS and follow the on-screen instructions. Once you're happy click IMPORT SELECTED
- An email invitation will immediately be sent to all users* informing them that you're now using mySchoolApp and requesting that they download and login.
* Our system will ignore any users by email address who are already registered to your school, to avoid causing confusion.
Parents and carers who respond to the email will be taken through the usual registration process on the app. Anybody who does not register will be sent a follow up reminder email after 2 days and then again after 5 days. After that their status will be flagged in the View users section of the portal.