Although mySchoolApp is not able to host videos on the platform, it is possible to make them available to view, using the web link feature. We've prepared a step-by-step guide below to help you publish your videos on mySchoolApp for all users to see.
- Videos need to be hosted on a service such as YouTube or Vimeo
- Once you have the video published online, you'll need to copy the url link provided
YouTube examples shown below
- Once you have the link copied you can enter this into various places on the app
- News item – paste the copied url into webpage link
- Document – create a folder called Video and click New file. Give your video a title and paste the link into the field marked hosted PDF url. Save the page
Your video will now be available to view on the app.
Once you have the content ready in the app, don't forget you can send a linked message to take parents straight to the video. Instructions here